Cardiff City FC Foundation are working in partnership with the EFL Trust to deliver a national initiative called the Joy of Moving Home School Festival.
Our school could be part of one of the biggest ever national initiatives of its kind this May. There are likely to be hundreds of thousands of children taking part.
The Festival consists of a half day (afternoon) timetable of activities for children on the theme of the Joy of Moving. This will be available in a digital pack (see document below).
The Joy of Moving games and activities are designed to inspire active lifestyles in children, aiming to teach children how to enjoy moving through play, and to help them develop positive habits for adulthood.
Over 310,000 children have taken part in UK schools in the last six years. In these unique times, the Home School Festival could reach even more. The Joy of Moving programme is funded by Ferrero UK.
Activities will take place during the week commencing Monday 18 May and our school's special festival day will be on Thursday 21st May.
As part of the event, families will be encouraged to post social media content during the week. This will all be captured at www.joyofmovingresourcehub.co.uk
1. Timescales for the next round of applications for emergency childcare:
Applications for emergency childcare for the week commencing 25th May will be going live on the Council’s website from 8.00 am this coming Sunday (17th May).
Parents/carers have until 11:59 pm on Tuesday 19th May to apply.
2. Emergency childcare for the Whitsun half term week (including Bank Holiday Monday 25th May) is available to key/essential workers AND vulnerable learners.
3. People who must apply:
· Key/essential workers must re-apply weekly, as requirements/shift patterns etc. change regularly and we need to ensure the numbers of applications/hub attendees are as accurate as possible so that the hubs can be staffed appropriately.
· Parents/carers of vulnerable learners and parents/carers of special school pupils who are already attending an emergency childcare setting do not need to formally re-apply via the website, but must let their setting know if they will be attending during the Whitsun half term week, so that accurate numbers will be known for staffing purposes.
· Any parents/carers of vulnerable learners and parents/carers of special school pupils who are not currently attending one of the hubs must make an initial application for a place and complete the appropriate registration documents.
This is a message from the Urdd about exciting Eisteddfod news!
'Following the disappointment of having to postpone the 2020 Denbighshire Eisteddfod until 2021, we are pleased to announce that Eisteddfod T will be on a screen and radio near you between May 25 and 29 this year and will be a lively and vibrant celebration of all the talents of the children and youth of Wales, on a slightly different stage from our usual one.
We are asking you, our members and teachers, to get involved and compete by selecting competitions from the list and uploading your videos, clips and photos of performances and work BEFORE 12pm May 11. Our Eisteddfod T judges will choose the best entries to reach the finals to be broadcast in special programmes on S4C, on the S4C website and on BBC Radio Cymru. And it doesn't matter if you don't usually compete at the Eisteddfod, there are lots of new competitions at Eisteddfod T that will appeal to everyone! In addition to traditional competitions such as choirs and cerdd dant, there are new fun competitions – entertainment, lip-sync and something for the whole the family... including your pets! And we will be announcing more challenges for you to take part in very soon!
A list of all the competitions and instructions on how to compete can be found on the http://s4c.urdd.cymru/en/ website.
Here too, you will find pieces to perform, sound tracks, accompaniments, filming and recording tips and everything that is required to enter before the closing date at 12pm on May 11.
So, are you ready for EISTEDDFOD T?'
Here is the Darran Park Primary School Privacy Notice for Wellbeing and Safeguarding during the Covid-19 Pandemic which shows how and why we use personal information for wellbeing and safeguarding purposes during the Covid-19 Pandemic.