Please read the following document with care as it outlines the return to school plans for our Foundation Phase children (Nursery to Year 2) and the rules and restrictions in place, including the procedures for drop off/pick up times. Thank you for your continued support in keeping our community safe.
Today is Dydd Miwsig Cymru (Welsh Music Day) so make sure to listen to some music made in Wales today! There is a music festival hosted by Amam Cymru and check out the playlists on the .gov website using the link below! We would love to see videos of you enjoying Welsh music today!
Your views on distance learning in our schools are important to us. Below is a link to a survey. If you have some time, we would be very grateful if you could complete this by 13.2.21 and share your experiences with us so far.
Director of Education & Inclusion Services
As you will be aware, the First Minister was involved in a Welsh Government press conference today and announced the following key messages:
1. Schools will continue to be open to vulnerable children and the children of critical workers up until the half-term. All other learners will continue to access remote learning during this period.
2. The youngest pupils in Wales could possibly begin returning to school after the February half-term if rates of coronavirus continue to fall.
3. If the transmission of Covid continues to decline, pupils will start returning to school in a phased way from 22nd February, beginning with our youngest learners.
4. Ministers and Welsh Government officials will continue to engage with Local Authorities, Trade Unions and representative groups to plan for the return of learners to school.
5. Welsh Government is committed to ensuring that schools, parents and carers have plenty of time to plan for change and it is hoped that Councils and schools across Wales will receive timely notifications so that we are able to strategically plan for key changes. I know this is something that we all want to ensure that this next transitional phase is as seamless as possible.
We will keep you updated as soon as we receive further information, thank you for your continued support,
The governing body of Darran Park Primary school has, with effect from 24th March 2021, a vacancy for a parent governor and is looking for parents who are interested in this role.
If any interested parents could email the school by 11am Monday morning on email@example.com We can then get the form to you to fill in by Wednesday when we have to email it off to the Local Authority.
Below is the vaccine fraud guidance document.
Please read the following letter if you work in the Armed Forces.