|Council letter for key workers, vulnerable pupils and free school meals pupils|
|File Size:||16 kb|
Parents/carers of essential workers (please see the following for the Government definition and eligibility https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-maintaining-educational-provision/guidance-for-schools-colleges-and-local-authorities-on-maintaining-educational-provision) will be required to fill in an e-form to identify whether or not they require childcare.
Essential workers include:
• Health and social care;
• Education and childcare;
• Key public services;
• Local and national government;
• Food and other necessary goods;
• Public safety and national security;
• Utilities, communication and financial services.
Provision for vulnerable learners will be for core school hours only. These include:
• Children on the child protection register;
• Children in need of care and support from social care;
• Children deemed to be red on vulnerability profiles, effectively with safeguarding and welfare needs;
• Looked after children;
• Young carers; and
• Children with disabilities.