As you will be aware, the First Minister was involved in a Welsh Government press conference today and announced the following key messages:
1. Schools will continue to be open to vulnerable children and the children of critical workers up until the half-term. All other learners will continue to access remote learning during this period.
2. The youngest pupils in Wales could possibly begin returning to school after the February half-term if rates of coronavirus continue to fall.
3. If the transmission of Covid continues to decline, pupils will start returning to school in a phased way from 22nd February, beginning with our youngest learners.
4. Ministers and Welsh Government officials will continue to engage with Local Authorities, Trade Unions and representative groups to plan for the return of learners to school.
5. Welsh Government is committed to ensuring that schools, parents and carers have plenty of time to plan for change and it is hoped that Councils and schools across Wales will receive timely notifications so that we are able to strategically plan for key changes. I know this is something that we all want to ensure that this next transitional phase is as seamless as possible.
We will keep you updated as soon as we receive further information, thank you for your continued support,