Please see below the most recent letter from the council which outlines plans for child care provision from Monday onward and eligibility for this service. Please read and if you think you may be eligible, you must complete the online questionnaire as soon as possible. The links for this can be found at the end of this post.
|Council letter for key workers, vulnerable pupils and free school meals pupils|
|File Size:||16 kb|
Parents/carers of essential workers (please see the following for the Government definition and eligibility https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-maintaining-educational-provision/guidance-for-schools-colleges-and-local-authorities-on-maintaining-educational-provision) will be required to fill in an e-form to identify whether or not they require childcare.
Essential workers include:
• Health and social care;
• Education and childcare;
• Key public services;
• Local and national government;
• Food and other necessary goods;
• Public safety and national security;
• Utilities, communication and financial services.
Provision for vulnerable learners will be for core school hours only. These include:
• Children on the child protection register;
• Children in need of care and support from social care;
• Children deemed to be red on vulnerability profiles, effectively with safeguarding and welfare needs;
• Looked after children;
• Young carers; and
• Children with disabilities.